Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Just Another Tennis Day IPhone Photo

My dad emailed this photo with the title, "Just another tennis day!"
My little kid bro followed up with some advice for my dad:

Yay!!  Dad's first mirror pic text.  You're growing up li'l fella, becoming such a techie!

Now to make your next mirror self-pic more on par with today's standards, a few suggestions:

1.  Consider being a little closer to the mirror, which will enlarge your own self.
2.  Perhaps choose a more 'intimate' setting besides a public restroom.  Sends a message of 'dirt/disease' (unless you're going for the subliminal "I'm dirty" message, in which case, well played!)
3.  Get the camera set at the right angle, then right before snapping the pic look into the mirror, right at your phone, THEN take the pic.  It will give the finished product a more personal feel, like you're looking right at your audience.
4.  Feel free to smile.  They say smiles improve people's overall attractiveness.  If you're trying to be provocative then tilt your head down a bit, or if looking alpha, tilt your head back.
5.  Minimize unnecessary accessories, such as glasses around the neck, maybe the hat.
6.  Change the shirt to something more flattering, or even consider losing the shirt altogether.

I offer these tips as a well-learned man interested in popular trends in technology and communication.  I will admit though, I've only read about these tips...I have NEVER actually taken such a pic myself.  So use the tips at your own risk.

Hope you're enjoying San Fran!  I'm not sure if that's the best place for a guy to be taking pics of himself in a men's public restroom to begin with...

No comments:

Post a Comment